MAINTAINING PRIVACY; PLAY YOUR ROLE

MAINTAINING PRIVACY; PLAY YOUR ROLE 



As usual, that's me bridging communication gap between health personnel and Deaf pregnant women at a ante-natal clinic.

Our Advocacy for Sign Language interpreters to be stationed at establishments to bridge communication gap between the Deaf and their hearing counterparts is indeed a long term plan as the needful haven't been given due attention.  We shouldn't wait until then, Everyone has a role to play as agents of CHANGE.

As a post-lingually Deafened, meaning, I am a Deaf individual who still have his voice intact, I can lip-read to communicate, as an advocate for Inclusion, anytime the need arises, I present myself to bridge communication gap between the pre-lingually Deafened and their hearing counterparts but, imagine how strenuous it is for me and my likes, I can't hear, my eyes serving as my ears as I have to focus on the lips of the communicator to grasp then pass the message across to the Deaf in Sign Language and voiced the expression from the Deaf to the hearing. And, unfortunately, at times, I won't be able to grasp everything without repetition of words spoken by the hearing. The hearing aid that has been of help to me has accidentally got damaged.

The crux here is, there's breach to privacy if there can't be one on one interactions, the Deaf also have rights to privacy. 

Imagine the breach to privacy while bridging the communication gap between the health personnel and the Deaf .

As today, 30th September, 2018 is the last day of the a-week long 2018 International Day of Sign Languages and International Week of the Deaf , I beseech every health personnel, staff at establishments and private individuals to make efforts to acquire the Knowledge of Sign Language towards breaking barrier of communication with the Deaf and to maintain privacy. 

You might be wandering on how to begin; reach me privately via any of my tunnels for an online or physical free learning.


Learn Sign Language!

Communicate freely!!

Maintain Privacy!!!

#EmbraceInclusion


#IWDeaf2018
#IDSL2018
#SignLanguagesDay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Deaf and Deafness: See reason why the Deaf don't listen to your motivation

Understanding Deaf and Deafness: See why the Deaf have to stare at you

FULL INCLUSION WITH SIGN LANGUAGE